View Single Post
Old 03.21.2007, 09:35 AM   #21
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
By the standards of the post before Nefeli's, basically you are allowed to put out shoddy records after you're past your fifties because, you know, you've done enough for queen and country etc etc. If that sort of mentality is to be applied to Sonic Youth, it'd be a right laugh for someone to to stick a medal on their unironed t-shirts after every celebration of past things.

don't misconstrue my post, by your standards the last few have been shoddy records, not by my tastes they haven't. i did say there aren't many that can keep with the rate of good records SY have put out since DDN, and i do include Rather Ripped, look at the Stooges, they got panned for their effort cause it couldn't live up to it's expectations, the new Dinosaur at their best can only be a maybe 3rd or 4th best in their catalog, if My Bloody Valentine actually complete a new record, do people actually expect it to be any good to the standards people hold of them?

if anything being in your 50s puts a lot more pressure based on the bands who have come before and play into their 50s, 60s, or in the Rolling Stones case 120s, most bands who enter that age bracket do start sucking cause their minds begin to close up, mostly cause those bands were extremely reliant on blues and they never expanded pass that, I had an offer to see The Who recently but passed on it cause they actually are coasting by on past glory, if they weren't then they go out billed as "Townsend and Daltry"

but then again alot of this is on your own tastes kropy, i think at times the expectation of innovation and living up to ones own high standard which for you is what? Sister? can cloud one from seeing superb songwriting

you lauded me over my preference of listening to Gumball, well are they innovative?, No, not in the slightest, does that disqualify their songwriting ability? it shouldn't
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|