View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 09:57 AM   #12
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I ACTUALLY HAVE turned formerly loserly music listening friends of mine on to Sonic Youth. It's a damn good feeling when they say "man, fuck Green Day/Good Charlotte" (or whatver shitty band they listen to), "Im a SY fan now!" MMMM, satisfying.
The songs that i have picked int he past and will pick again for future references are:
1. Sugar Kane
2. Eric's Trip
3. Expressway To Yr. Skull
4. Teenage Riot
5. Diamond Sea
The trick is to introduce them to Sonic Youth's more accesible ""pop" works first and ease them into the more experimental avant-garde material. This way they won't be immediatley alientated by the out of the ordinary artistry. Cuz let's face it, folks, as good as Sonic Youth are, they just will never be as popular as Shinedown or Shitfoot er....i mean Switchfoot; Freudian slip =),
or Green Day or any of this other bullshit music, so you need to use rock and roll diplomacy to sneak people back across the punk border to set them free in the Nation of Rock. Or something like that.....
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|