Thread: Hip-Hop
View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 02:14 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
HIP to the HOP. I love old school hip hop. I love the old rappers. They took their time to write a rhyme. If there is noone rhymin then you are just listening to DJ beats. nothing wrong with that, but I gots to have the MC

Public Enemy (my favorite)
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Eric B. & Rakim (my recent fave. I have been listening to PAID IN FULL non-stop for months now. I hear a million rhymes straight stolen by endless rappers.
Pull out my cordless mic and entertain you well
Before I let go I'm a spark your brain cells
I took time to write - tonight I will recite
So poetically inclined when the mic is held tight
Rhymes start flowin' kisses are blowin
MC's are knowin' that's why they're goin
Home to tell a friend when the party ends
"Yo, man you know Rakim? That brother struck again"

and the ever classic

I take seven MC's put em in a line
and add seven more brothers who think they can rhyme
now it'll take seven more before I go for mine
now that's twenty one MC's ate up at the same time.)

Kurtis Blow
Boggie Down Productions (criminal minded!)
Digital Underground
Digable Planets
Pharcyde
Poor Righteous Teachers
Beastie Boys (Hello Nasty is severely underrated)
GangStarr
RUN DMC 4evah

shit there are so many. I miss the days when rappers would just fucking RAP, and there were NO sing-song choruses, and there were minimal if any opverdubs on the vocal tracks. That is why I love Eric B & Rakim. It truly was ONE DJ and ONE RAPPER and what you saw was what you got. and it was fucking wonderful. I love hearing raps where they have worked so hard on teh rhymes that there are internal rhythms and internal rhymes and just multiple great lyrical ideas. todays rappers, bre from what is mostly BULLSHIT freestylin, can't holdl a candle to it. fucking bullshit rhmes. I FUCKING HATE SUNG CHORUSES IN RAP!

seems every shit ass MC nowadays has such terrible un-schooled, un-practiced "flow" that they have to overdub themselves over and over and over because, for one, their voices just suck, and two, they cannot rap without FUCKING UP. wack MC's.