View Single Post
Old 04.24.2006, 05:21 PM   #18
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
As a non-ipodder (too much vinyl/ ludditism), I was wondering how many actual albums you can store on them... I'm thinking that, as I buy an awful lot of music, how many of my CD's is it realistically going to store? I'm thinking that for people with CD collections of less than 150-odd, it's probably quite easy, but as mine is nudging into the 1,000 mark, I wouldn't seriously be able to put everything on one i-pod (or whatever), would I?
Well lets say that you have 1,000 CD's and each song is roughly 4 megabytes, and you have 13 songs in each album. That is about 60 gigs of music. Meaning a 60 gig ipod would be able to handle just about all of the music you have. There is the programming in the ipod that takes up a bit of space (nothing that'll affect you now). Some songs are longer/shorter and CD's have more/less songs on them. So it is an estimate...but a 60 gig ipod could handle everything. And if you really wanted more space you could compress the files down to a lower quality.