Thread: laptop advice
View Single Post
Old 05.14.2010, 08:32 AM   #18
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
the other versions (x1, a1, a2) start at $300 more and you get the same cpu, same gfx processor same screen but 1920x1080, 8gb ram and a secondary 500gb hdd.

BUT...

yeah, i'd say get it, save those $300 and get a nice ssd...

that's my thought. why spend $300 for 250mb when I could get a TB for $100?

2gb of RAM doesn't mean all that much with 32bit Windows either

that said...I just had an iMac. I don't have anything against them, other than the price (for what I want) and the fact that I'd have to run Bootcamp (which seems to defeat the purpose).

I'd could build a desktop (easy) but I require portability at this point in my life (and the next forseeable while), so laptop will have to be the way to go..

after doing serious shopping around, this "Best Buy model" really is the "best buy".

right...it's off to Northridge for me today.

ok next question: any idea where I can get a dickies hoodie (like the one I have but without holes), in summer, in Los Angeles? omg special order from Wallmart.com...really? guess so.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|