View Single Post
Old 04.22.2010, 01:42 PM   #14
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Anyone read the chapter about MacLaren on ''Rip It Up And Start Again'' by Simon Reynolds? I had always thought he was a wanker and after reading that I did even more. The guy was in many ways an enemy of musicians, this nonsense about him starting punk is the fabrication of people with short memories who aged very badly.

I don't think anyone would argue that MacLaren wasn't a scumbag but he got things done, courted controversy and had a bit of wit and imagination about him. Pop music could probably benefit from a few more MacLarens right now, in my opinion. I wouldn't have employed him as a babysitter though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|