Thread: NR Top Ten 2009
View Single Post
Old 12.28.2009, 08:56 AM   #31
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
a few notes I wanted to add...

Jay-Z's BLUEPRINT 3 came very very close to making my Top 10, but ultimately I think of the album as half-amazing-half-pretty-bad. Gucci Mane put out a ton of new shit this year and I listened to quite a bit of it, but I just haven't really been convinced that he's hip hop's new savior. Maybe 2010 will prove me wrong on that one. Drake's SO FAR GONE mixtape (not EP) was pretty good. But I mean Pretty Good, not great. I think dude's got potential but he's not proven to me that he is what the critics say he is. Eminem's RELAPSE was probably the worst album I heard all year. Clipse's TIL THE CASKET DROPS and Young Money's WE ARE YOUNG MONEY both could have potentially landed in the Top 10 had they been released earlier in the year allowing me more time to digest them. For some strange reason I never picked up The Flaming Lips' EMBRYONIC or DARK SIDE OF THE MOON yet. I don't know what's wrong with me. The Heliocentrics recorded an almost amazing album this year (title slips my mind) that got tons of NR play, but unfortunately the few vocal tracks really bothered me so it didn't really work for me on the whole. Raekwon's ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX II was not a bad album by any means. But really boring to me. Any time I tried to get into it, it just made me listen to the original instead. Jim Jones and Cam'ron made bad albums this year. I liked LOGOS by Atlas Sound quite a bit, but didn't listen to it enough. No real reason why. Just didn't. I also liked every single that Lady Gaga released this year, but never picked up THE FAME MONSTER. I think the best single of the year was "Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus. Drake's "Best I Ever Had" was up there. I think that's all.