View Single Post
Old 04.09.2013, 02:38 PM   #2781
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i clicked that link and read earlier and i sorta agree. those sorts of asymmetries are bound to happen in certain systems (have you ever played civilization? one empire always grows big. i think they follow a power law distribution.)

but even while power laws distibutions happen more often than we realize (not all natural distributions are bell curves), you'll recognize from the same article that there's still more diversity overall in the bundesliga as opposed to the other major european leagues (5 champions vs 4, 3, 3)

the question is one of sustaining a rivalry at the top.

i get that a purchasing oligarch can bring a huge influx of cash to a team (e.g., man city, chelsea) that would otherwise be stuck in the mud. but i still don't like it, ha ha ha. HORRIBLE FOR FANS!

there's gotta be a better way to introduce chaos into the system than plantation owners with petro/narco/dollars.

I tend to agree. So long as it's a straight fight between shared ownership and an oligarch, even with the shortcomings of the kind of model the Bundesliga has, it's the one I'd go for. I think that article was just trying to address some of the more OTT claims about German football being made in the media right now.

Loving Dortmund v Malaga.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|