View Single Post
Old 11.08.2011, 08:42 PM   #3
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
yeah, it isn't that good. Quick Canal is the best song I've heard from his entire solo work. I have a thing for Lætitia Sadier's voice (singer from stereolab, much better band than Deerhunter). I can enjoy Halcyon Digest just fine when I'm in the mood.. Basement Scene, Sailing, He would have Laughed are really good. I also think the album works as a whole but it gets boring pretty fast.. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and just feels mundane after a while. That's pretty much the way I feel about most of his music.

That's the thing.... when they're not brilliant, Deerhunter/Coxon are kind of boring. Like, everyone went nuts over Microcastle, but I thought the album was about 60% radness and at least 40% mediocrity. Halcyon Digest is better... I haven't paid much attention to the song names, but the one with the saxophone is badass; nice guest vocals from otherwise M.O.R. Cassablancas. Microcastle's best moments are PHENOMENAL, but I skip thru a lot of tracks.

Their early stuff is incredible, and Cryptograms was almost perfect. I love that album so goddamn much it hurts. Every moment of it.

Deerhunter has potential to be one of the better bands of this generation, and Cryptograms was no doubt one of the best of the last decade, but this Parallax album is tired and slow, and has nothing on the incredible Logos and its predecessor.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|