View Single Post
Old 06.06.2010, 06:45 PM   #135
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
On Mind-Warp Pavilion:

Alex Chilton SXSW Tribute Concert, March 20, 2010 FLAC

As I'm sure you know, this was supposed to be a Big Star performance, but Alex died just a coupla days before. It became, then, a virtually improvised tribute show with Jody Stephens, Andy Hummel (!), Posies Auer and Stringfellow and whoever was able to get there on such short notice. Unfortunately, the satellite radio broadcast didn't feature all performers (Curt Kirkwood, M. Ward and The Watson Twins, just to name a few, are apparently nowhere to be found in this torrent), but since no audience recording has shown up in over two months I guess this could be the only document we'll get of this event, apart from the odd YouTube clip here and there.

By the way, since it comes from satellite radio it didn't fly with Dime, but thanks to a, let's say, coordinated effort between the uploader and yours truly it is now on MWP.

[EDIT: for some reason it says "May 15" over there (maybe that was the broadcast date), but the show took place on March 20.]

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|