Thread: Joey Santiago
View Single Post
Old 01.08.2009, 12:23 PM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I really like his style with the Pixies, but last night I was watching The Pixies - Club Date: Live at the Paradise in Boston and I don't know, but if you've seen it, does it seem like he has sort of lost it? I mean, he still plays his parts, the definate parts that we remember from the albums, but he seems to be out of touch and disconnected with the music now. That isn't to say that he was extremely enthusiastic before; he always had an unsure look on his face, even back in the day. But now it's worse. It seems like he keeps looking at Frank Black to make sure that what he is doing is ok, and just compare his solo on Vamos from this DVD to his solo on Pixies, the DVD showcasing footage from the late 80's, and you can see a huge difference.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|