View Single Post
Old 04.17.2017, 12:31 PM   #20935
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Not sure I get what you're saying there. Fight Club was a figment of its creator's imagination. That doesn't mean that because Tyler Durden doesn't exist then none of the others do. Unless you're arguing that they're all just characters in a movie and not actual people, in which case yeah, obviously. But even then we can stlll have illusions within illusions.

Bottom line though, I don't think this theory reflects what John Hughes was doing (not that we'll ever know for sure now). I just think it's a fun way of watching the film. Most of these imaginary interpretations of Hollywood films (like the Back to the Future-9/11 one) are just bullshit that really add nothing to the movie but the 'imaginary Ferris' one is pretty cool, even if personally I don't buy it.
what i was trying to say is that i don't buy it either as an interpretation of the movie-- hellz no i don't.

but i do see that this fanfic reading comes from looking at ferris as how cameron would like to be: loved by his parents, free to do as he likes, etc. sure, ferris could be seen as an "imaginary" friend, alter ego, jungian shadow, etc.

what im saying though is that the reason that it fits this explanation is because they're meant to be that way, a complimentary pair, just like the sister and teh charlie sheen character-- created by the writer's imagination.

so of course the features that make this possible are there--but it's because they're imaginary creations that are meant to fit each other in a fiction, not because cameron in the story suffers from dissociation and hallucinations.

it's kinda like saying that superman is a dream of lex luthor and romeo was invented by a kooky suicidal juliet. i mean, sure, "it could be". but no. the locus of invention was elsewhere.

then again, don quijote might have invented sancho. or maybe it was the other way around.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|