View Single Post
Old 04.17.2017, 11:49 AM   #20933
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if fiction is a poetic interpretation of reality then they're obviously all figments of the writer's imagination and that's that. this is not fight club. if one is a figment then both are. and yeah i see it that way.

Not sure I get what you're saying there. Fight Club was a figment of its creator's imagination. That doesn't mean that because Tyler Durden doesn't exist then none of the others do. Unless you're arguing that they're all just characters in a movie and not actual people, in which case yeah, obviously. But even then we can stlll have illusions within illusions.

Bottom line though, I don't think this theory reflects what John Hughes was doing (not that we'll ever know for sure now). I just think it's a fun way of watching the film. Most of these imaginary interpretations of Hollywood films (like the Back to the Future-9/11 one) are just bullshit that really add nothing to the movie but the 'imaginary Ferris' one is pretty cool, even if personally I don't buy it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|