View Single Post
Old 04.17.2017, 09:08 AM   #20931
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i started watching boondock saints and it was soooooo bad ha ha ha ha

so bad it's good kinda but not really. just ridiculous.

but yeah i'll finish it. it's not hateable yet--it just relies so much on its campiness that it offers little (nothing?) else--- so that the camp itself soon loses its edge

this is exactly what didn't happen in pulp fiction, which had a little bit of everything for everyone so that you can read in multiple ways. but this one is a one-trick pony at halftime, which is when i stopped.

but yeah i'll finish it... maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
When Boondock Saints came out everyone I knew was sucking it's limp dick, and I fucking found that shit so BORING. That movie sucks so fucking much.

Oh hallelujah, I thought I was the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i used to see them as people but nowadays i read them rather as "forces"... that pull the adolescent psyche either one way or another. like... they're all parts of the same thing, i suppose. they're inside someone's head not out there in the world.

i used to dislike ferris more because of his apparent sociopathy. but after rewatches at different ages i realized that he's totally necessary for cameron not to be crushed under the weight of everything that's been loaded upon him. on his own he'd be a monster, but as counterbalance to his depressed and joyless friend he's a necessary evil/not evil.

fucking high school was a prison. i went bananas much later.

I saw a documentary with John Hughes where he says he had to be really careful casting for Ferris because of how easy it would be for audiences to lose sympathy for a character like that. Matthew Broderick just about manages to pull it off but even so, I LOVE Cameron's character. There's a weird theory going around that actually Ferris is only a figment of Cameron's imagination. It doesn't quite work in terms of the film itself but it's still a nice idea that, with a few script adjustments, could've made perfect sense.

Also nice is that Hollywood never tried to turn it into a franchise or attempt a remake (so far at least).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|