View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 09:33 PM   #20127
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think i saw part of it but was annoyed or bored or something. i've seen bits of it.

i wasn't laughing at keanu himself-- only at his terrible terrible terrible terrible hilarious terrible english accent and affectations. it was to pair him with winona for the box office.

keanu was great actually on johnny mnemonic. also the one with the surfer parachutes bank robbers. keanu was great as bill (or ted? i forget who was who). and of course "whoa, i know kung fu" lolololol-- yes, neo. oh in private idaho he was good too.

keanu is alright. he was born for certain roles. the casting in dracula was most fucked up though.

Oh, Point Break. Yeah. Classic '90s cop romp. One of the best. Puts Speed to shame. I forgot about Johnny Mnemonic. Need to see that again. And yeah. Bill and Ted.

I feel like there are other actors out there who are just "for" certain roles, and they've flipped, changing it from a limitation into something that makes them coveted, and perhaps even results to roles being written basically FOR them. Like Brad Pitt. Not sure when it happened, but he turned into a damn good, classic kind of leading man. Brings his own personality to every role rather than losing himself in a character. A bit like Cary Grant in that way.
Georfe Cloony too to some extent. That guy really sucked early on. Found his groove somewhere along the way and has had a few really great performances at this point. Not a ton, but a few.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|