View Single Post
Old 12.04.2016, 07:10 PM   #20126
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Have you ever seen Thumbsucker?
Little indie film from early '00s. Charming and good in kind of a Wes Anderson-lite kind of way. AAAAnyway, Keanu is in that movie, and he's actually quite brilliant. His bad acting works in his favor in his role as a "holistic" zenned out dentist (who's also a pretty good hypnotist). Total surfer dude earth-bro.
And he is just. fucking. hysterical. Seriously. It's like, you can tell he knows he's a pretty shitty actor, if only for this film, and he taps into the innate laziness that being a blockbuster "actor" who has zero acting ability requires to inspire what is really the best performance in the movie.

I recommend it. His part is small, and the film has already been forgotten by anyone who ever knew cared about it, but if Keanu has ever had a "moment," Thumbsucker was it.

i think i saw part of it but was annoyed or bored or something. i've seen bits of it.

i wasn't laughing at keanu himself-- only at his terrible terrible terrible terrible hilarious terrible english accent and affectations. it was to pair him with winona for the box office.

keanu was great actually on johnny mnemonic. also the one with the surfer parachutes bank robbers. keanu was great as bill (or ted? i forget who was who). and of course "whoa, i know kung fu" lolololol-- yes, neo. oh in private idaho he was good too.

keanu is alright. he was born for certain roles. the casting in dracula was most fucked up though.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|