View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 03:46 PM   #30
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no, they don't use 'expensive' hardware and pickups unless you are buying from custom shop and spending well over $1500

Your best bet is to do what Sonic youth has always done, by a thrashed jazzmaster, or even a squire jazzmaster, and re-wire it yourself, and buy the upgraded pickups on your own. You will save hundreds of dollars, and have a lot more fun in the process

not to hate on sonic youth, but I do not generally enjoy signature guitars unless they are true originals. Just re-packaging a jazzmaster is not exactly a signature guitar.. lets see a new design, something original.

Well by expensive, I mean, they use third party ones. From what I've heard, Lee's wide-range pickups are like the originals, where-as the new ones that they use on shit aren't as good.

But anyways, I don't care. I'm happy with my current guitars!In fact I could probably go down to 3 electrics from the 6 I have, as much as it pains me to say.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|