View Single Post
Old 12.09.2009, 04:12 PM   #28
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I have both DGC and the Blast First/Mute reissue (but this means it is not the Blast First original) on CD, and the Blast First Original vinyl pressing, I prefer the vinyl version for the reasons that most people mention. Now the track marks and the such are as described when comparing to the DGC to the Blast First CD versions, that is I think the Blast First/Mute reissue keeps the same track mark times as the Blast First original. I also do hear audible quality differences between these two as well, vocal flutter or possible distortion on the DGC reissue...

Does anyone know if these DGC reissues from the 90's were also remasters??? There is the slightly perceived volume and bass boost, not much else (especially compared to more recent 2000 and on remasterings whcih dare i say can be pretty "heavy-handed"). I mean I have a decent stereo with fairly decent speakers, i don't have a graphic eq but i do use the my bass, mid and treble on my tuner, so i don't really need these crazy remasters where they go nuts on the Bass and volume. The only place i like these remasters is in my car stereo (factory edition) which for some reason has a low volume output and nowadays its not easy to find a custom stereo for newer cars that are affordable or make sense but that is a whole other subject...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|