View Single Post
Old 10.01.2007, 02:49 AM   #129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
excuse me?!

"i wish i had big breasts"? that's poetry?

yes! in the right context, with a fitting inflection, of course it is.

just like "I seek pleasure." which is a rather pedestrian phrase, that could be said by any dumbfuck, but not when you put it in the context of patti smith's babelogue.

and even patti smith wrote a number of crappy lines.

so did walt whitman. he wrote a death sonnet for motherfucking custer, for fucks sakes:
FROM far Dakota's caņons,
Lands of the wild ravine, the dusky Sioux, the lonesome stretch, the
silence,
Haply to-day a mournful wail, haply a trumpet-note for heroes.

^^there. the greatest american poet wrote that piece of crap. he also wrote i sing the body electric, crossing brooklyn ferry, i hear america singing, etc. so you gotta take the good with the bad.

the fact is that when you give yourself permission to be free and let things come out a lot is going to come out and the genius will be mixed with the stupidity that we all share as humans, but if you only focus on the shortcomings the world is going to look pretty ugly no matter what.

in any case i think elisa does a wonderful channeling of her deepest unconscious, and i love that energy and that freedom. those teeth rattling in the can are forever etched in my memory.

Quote:
is quoting the mc5 poetry?

of course it can be. why not? the mc5 were great primitives.

Quote:
man, i don't think adam is doing anything smart in this thread by replying to every single post someone else does, that's his problem.

that goes without saying, let's leave adam out of this, because we don't want him strangling on his tongue any further.

Quote:
i understand someone liking the markers music...even their live show, probably...no, not really, i don't buy it. BUT you are very delusioned if you think what elisa writes is poetry, it's just pretentious gibberish.

nope. that which you wrote above is. it's also bad prose.

i like some of the stuff she's written for boss; and if you've seen her onstage. you will now that she becomes possessed, inhabited by a Loa, she is a sybil, a witch, a savage priestess, she rhapsodizes and enthralls, and the audiences go INSANE because they know they are in the presence of something that comes from another world, and that cannot be faked, and we all share in that. i was there, and i felt that, and your pompous criticism cannot compete with the delight of my experience.

and poetry is not pretty words, poetry is the language of the sacred, the language of imagination, and beyond mere words it is a force and it induces altered states and visions and ecstasy and you can feel it or you can't.

and on the subject of words, when you happen to name one of your songs something as wonderful and funny and brutal (it has to be all 3 at the same time) as "dreaming of vegas and pussy and victory," please let me know, and i'll send you a crown of laurels.

Quote:
actually, and to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band (you can look it up in this very thread, i don't have to repeat myself), i think most people like this band out of ignorance; if they knew more music, they wouldn't be so stocked over this mediocrity.

you say "to complete MY explanation of why i don't like or get how someone like this band" as if the two were the same thing. you falsely equate the unstated reasons for your dislike with your inability to comprehend why OTHERS like it. it's two separate phenomena; deal with them separately. and your assumptions are false.

i'll tell you why i like them.

i like them because i like them. in a very direct and fundamental way.the same way i like the color red. "oh but i dont' like the color red and i can't understand why somebody woud". bah!! pure argumentative crapola. venom and bile.

the magik markers give me enjoyment and visions of something beyond the reach of reason, a female energy that i have seen only in prophetic dreams, and you can't possibly, in your wildest little dreams of total world domination, touch that magiCK because you are stuck in some stuffy little room having academic discussions.

anyway, i didn't know rock'n'roll and its many mutations required academic knowledge, perhaps you erred in your choice of genre and should have gone into classical music, where your erudition would be more appreciated by the coterie of intellectuals that rule the university periodicals.

people genuinely like something or they genuinely don't. there's also pretend, but people who pretend to like something when they don't can eat my petrified turds.

Quote:
ohh yeah, BEFORE EVERYONE STARTS PILING UP ON ME.

BY IGNORANCE, i mean that SOME people MIGHT be missing some KEY bands that have done something like magik markers but HAVE EXCEL AT IT.

especially concerning boss, like many reviewers have noted, ROYAL TRUX is a band that came from incompetent noise and became AMAZING songwriters.

like rtx, there are THOUSANDS of bands that have done everything from their noise freakouts to their more tuneful crap.

a lot of people, have they look into more music, would gladly stop listening to mm as much.

what does rtx have to do with this? can't a person like both? who's said that the markers invented the wheel? what's up with this KEY bands? is your band a KEY band? so nobody should listen to it and like it? do we all need to erase 50 years of rocknroll and just stick to chuck berry?

and i don't give a shit about what music critics say, their superfluous discussions haven't the least impact upon my enjoyment or dislike of whatever i choose to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Yeah. What the fuck are you talking about, !@#$%!? Poetry? Elisa couldn't write worse lyrics if she tried. They're fucking terrible. I know art is subjective but calling the Magik Markers 'art' is an insult to artists worldwide.

ha ha, you wonderful bastard. good to see you again. you don't like her because you live in terror of the pussy, that is all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|