View Single Post
Old 08.27.2010, 08:54 AM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
rap-wise, Gucci is unstoppable this year. Let's review:

1. Free Gucci: The Best Of The Cold War Mixtapes
Diplo put this one out thru Mad Decent's website early in the year. It's basically electro-remixes of shiz from The Cold War mixtapes (duh) and the Burrprint with DJ Drama. This one is incredible, and will appeal to more than just Gucci fans as the beats are all party appropriate.

2. The Burrrprint 2 HD
though majors still don't quite know how to do a mixtape (hello, we're paying for it this time -- get those DJ drops out of there, and kill the skits already) this one still has some incredible moments: the opening has Gucci spitting over the phone from jail, he has one of the druggiest awesomest love songs he ever released on here, and a rather insane posse cut with "Coca Coca."

3. Mr. Zone 6
teaming back up with Drama, this one is hard. You want to hear gangsta Gucci? Here it is. This is a throwback to his earlier material and it's damn good. All original beats. So yeah, here's the new Gucci album.

4. Jewelry Selection
DUDE IS ON A ROLL. Hello!

now here's the thing, it's only almost September!! Gucci has put out 4 solid mxitapes already. That's one EVERY OTHER MONTH. I mean, seriously! This is really his year. And I'm excited to see what he'll do before the year's over. (I'm pretty sure a major LP is expected for the holiday season)...