View Single Post
Old 07.06.2009, 03:15 PM   #35
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Part 5/5

KING INC

NME "This is getting a bit out of order, can we talk about something less acrimonious. Heroes ? SM "You're into Presley, Nick."
MES "A lot of Presley's good stuff was overlooked. LIke. the NME viewpoint that he died when he came out of the army. I think the opposite, his best stuff came after the army."
SM "That figures. He was a pile of shit when he came out of the army compared to before he went in. His mother died when he was in the army. That was one of the causes. Anyway, he did some good stuff in the late '60's after the army- 'Kentucky Rain', 'Suspicious Minds', 'In the Ghetto' as opposed to 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'Blue Moon of Kentucky', 'That's alright Mama'. I suppose that's all shit to you , is it ?"
MES "I'm not saying that but everybody writes the later stuff off..."
SM "Who ever writes off Elvis ?"
MES "Look, pal, Elvis was the king, right? To me, Elvis were king. He was only the king 'cos he sustained it. You probably think he's somekind of criminal 'cos he went in the army for a few years. You're insinuating that I'm pro-army and if you have anything to say on that score, say it now, pal and I'll fucking argue right through you !"
SM "What ! He's off again."
MES "I'm into Merseybeat at the minute- The Searchers. I respect Dylan. The only good thing I've heard of his is that LP he did with George Harrison and Roy Orbison."
NME "You seem to prefer older music, is there nothing contemporary that appeals ?"
NC "It's rare when a group comes along that has any real soul to them. Rock'n'Roll history isn't long enough. There's three or four blues people that I like after filtering through loads of blues. There's about three gospel bands, a handful of country ones. I have to draw on the....what are you laughing at, Mark ?"
MES "Oh nothing, heh heh, I'm really into John Lee Hooker myself. He's great solo without a band. His bands are crap. I was always into more experimental bands- Can, Faust. I won't say German 'cos Shane'll have an epileptic fit. I think Nick's more traditional and I espect that but, I'm into things like Stockhausen, The United States of America and Gene Vincent and rockabilly. That's my influences. And I always prefered Lou Reed to the Velvet Underground."
NME "What do you think of the blanket critical approval of Morrissey ?"
MES "Morrissey's another Paddy! A South Manchester Paddy. Shane's got more to say than Morrissey."
SM "I think you guys are encouraging Mark to be like this. You journalists love it."
MES "Of course they do. That's the NME policy, they love a good argument. Don't you lads ?"
Things fall apart. The unholy trinity climb on the pubstage. MacGowan on drums, Smith on guitar and Cave on the organ. A jam of sorts ensues- The Velvets meets Hammer Horror with a hint of Acid House. Totally wired. Summit mental.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|