View Single Post
Old 02.28.2015, 07:16 PM   #300
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
yeah I don't know either. Any one I know personally who's heard it loves it. I read P'forks review and it was blah. Then again their review of 36 Seasons made it sound like Ghost had been in a funk... even though they had given a favorable review to 12 Reasons a year earlier.

Pitchfork is no longer an accurate gauge of anything. Their scores are barely even a reliable indicator of their own fucking opinion! So many of their current "it" artists have received tepid reviews... from THEM.

Plus, I came up with a Top 100 Albums list for 2014 that makes their Top 50
seem fluffed up, inefficient and out of touch. There's little overlap, and my list was assbled completely from ONE PERSON's first hand experience buying & listening to new records and going to shows. Their 50 staff writers might as well be 50 clones of the same one lame dude, but they [b]still[/B] should have been able to outdo what one amateur did *in his spare time.*

But unfortunately their opinions still hold weight with 18-25 year-olds. Impressionable college kids, insecure non-college kids, reclusive blogger types and people who are desperate to feel superior.

This is a problem that I would like to devote some energy to solving, by the way. Anyone want to start a webzine.

Anyway - yeah they were terribly unfair with both 36 Seasons and A Better Tomorrow. But they really let writer clone #16579 fuck GFK over by acting like his triumphant second act has been some kind of horrible failure. That was rigoddamndiculous.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|