Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 01.31.2011, 03:01 PM   #12
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it is a trend which is common at most uni's. I have friends who study at uni's such as Oxford and Imperial. They haven't really met anyone who likes bands such as Sonic Youth. I only really have one friend where I study who shares a similar music taste. Most people seem to like dubstep or even if they do like rock music it doesn't extend much further than generic pop punk or chart indie.

I have done DJ sets at parties and in pubs. I have attempted to play bands such as Sonic Youth before but it tends to clear the dance floor. Having said that I still play rock but mainly lo fi bands such as Wavves and Jacuzzi Boys. Something which is upbeat and danceable. Most of the time however I stick to Motown and Hip Hop.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|