Thread: Teenage Riot
View Single Post
Old 01.31.2011, 08:29 AM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I wonder if this is specific to your uni; I imagine your uni is largely made up of, y'know, 'urban' sorts. I know Bristol, similarly, has a pretty large dubstep/ dance-oriented culture, but I wonder if the same would be true in places like Leeds or Manchester?

But I'd like to think that what dubstep and reggae represent is forms of music which aren't really reconcilable with the sort of music 'they' understand. Cameron lists his favourite band as the Smiths who are, while very good, incredibly white, so anything which is contrary to that is going to be more popular. The older generation get guitars, and while the acid generation is coming to power, I still get the impression that people in their late-30s onwards who are pro-coalition probably don't 'get' dance culture.

The problem I have in saying this is that I know there's very few people on SYG who get it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|