View Single Post
Old 05.10.2012, 09:37 PM   #15720
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
nothing to fear about sounding like a geek. That's an insightful post... I didn't really know much about his writers. The cool thing about Lumet is that he'd probably say the same thing about the people he has worked with. He's directed some pretty big movies with well known actors (Pacino, Brando, Connery, Newman etc.) and yet in that book I mentioned, he constantly praised his peers and apparently listened carefully to what the writers of his films were going for. It's definitely a shame the guy passed away. Not only talented and prolific but seemingly down to earth as well. I never did see his final feature, the one with Hoffman... but a friend told me not to watch it before going to bed because "it's nuts" or something. I'm not sure what she meant by that but whatever.

Haha, I've not seen the movie Hoffman did with Lumet but I always thought it was a comedy. Now I'm intrigued. Lumet is definitely a big favourite of mine, especially Dog Day Afternoon. I've not read much about him but I really should. Anyway, I don't think there was any skullduggery going on with Shaffer's uncredited script. Probably just studio politics. Either way, hoped you liked Murder on the Orient Express. It's a bit of fluff, really, but I have a soft spot for those multi-star Agatha Christie adaptations. I went through a phase a couple of years ago of watching them one after the other. If you liked Orient Express, definitely give Death on the Nile a go, or Evil Under the Sun. Again, nothing amazing, just really enjoyable and well done and, for me, the best of the bunch. And definitely try and see anything scripted by Anthony Shaffer, whatever it is.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|