View Single Post
Old 04.04.2014, 03:14 PM   #37393
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
when i last had a job an alcoholic came in with a shitty phone he wanted to sell to us. we didn't buy it. my co worker knew him and knew that he had found the phone on the street. he told me that this alcoholic HAS NO ELECTRICITY in his home. he just sits and drinks in the dark or wanders the street looking for money or ways to get free booze.

i felt disgust at this guy, and my co worker expressed something similar in his tone of voice. and it's natural for us to behave like this because we're animals primed for social status. but at the same time, this poor fucking bastard is one of us. a human being! think of what other things he could be doing with his time!

imagine if we could STOP selling alcohol to people like this. imagine if we had the ability to collectively deny them their drug of choice.

thats the thing about addiction, unless its booze or skag or whatever, the withdrawal is usually easy. the fact is if the drug is not there, you just dont do it. eventually you're fine.

it's just not acceptable to me that its IMPOSSIBLE for us organize a way to stop addiction from destroying people
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|