Thread: My new album!
View Single Post
Old 11.28.2012, 10:48 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I miss just pressing record on the tape in the studio and seeing what happens, especially when fungus is readily involved. Personally, I dig this, in fact Gebunden (constrained) sounds a lot like a tune I have been working on recently called Orientated (it is a pun, has an Eastern twinge), I could see myself collaborating with y'all and helping y'all take this into some even more warped directions. However, alas, I live in LA and sonically have had to succumb to the reality of popularism, and since my ear is really fusion oriented anyways, I have had to largely abandon experimental music which is my passion and focus on stage-shows which people around town are interested in, and reggae and jam-band blues is the only live music scene in LA hip-hop aside that has some resurgent life. While I love creating deeply individualistic art, I fell in love with an audience, and as a musician it has meant a lot more to me to cater my sound towards making people dance and smile and sing along rather then trip them the fuck out. Well sometimes, after all, there are always opportunities to trip people out. I was going to join this band Panther Heart who play sound scape fusion of jazz and primal music, but that group disbanded, I was really digging sitting in with them. We were doing shit like what y'all are doing, only the way Carlos Santana or WAR would do it

By the way, nice stuff, really, which is what its got my sonic ear moving. How Is My Driving is my favorite, but I like drum work and noises

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|