View Single Post
Old 04.29.2017, 10:11 AM   #457
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
So Humanz is not getting the kind of GREAT reviews that Plastic Beach and Demon Days did, but it's not getting reviews quite as bad as those The Fall got.

I'm not judgung yet myself. I like the tracks I've heard, especially "Ascension" and the one with Pusha T and Mavis Staples (I forget the name, don't actually own the album — yet — just streaming).

But it occurs to me that Gorillaz are less hip-hop than they are, for lack of a better word, "alternative." Having rappers on your albums doth not a hip-hop group make. I guess they're hip-hop adjacent enough to be talked about in this thread, but this isn't a DAMN.-level event for hip-hoppers.

Still, I'm giving it a warm welcome. More interesting than most of the shit out there.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|