View Single Post
Old 06.13.2012, 01:38 PM   #90
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
I completely forgot that I wanted to open this thread to cultural differences when England-France kicked off...
It's a little late, but here...

The English had Roy of the Rovers, who scored 481 goals at club level for 522 games played; for England, he scored 52 on his 43 caps...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Race

The French had the great Dupaxon, who's probably less known in here than Roy over the channel, even though I don't know if Roy is that famous, apart from a hint here and there when I read the British press...
Dupaxon thought he was the best player, but was a bit far from it, although he eventually signed for Barca (where he was mostly used to lawn the turf)... Tons of misses, including a penalty in front of an empty goal... Ah, memories...

(he's the redhead heading wide)(looks in to you? well, it sure is wide...)

Wonderful stuff. RotR was very much an icon but I think his status has faded somewhat with recent generations. I'd never heard of Dupaxon but I do love finding out about that kind of thing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|