View Single Post
Old 05.09.2006, 08:13 PM   #6
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
To each their own (when it comes to this sort of thing at least), thewall91, but I like Battery & Damage, Inc. off of that album more than the title track.

My favorite Metallica is without question the Garage Days Re-Revisted ep (1987...sandwiched release-wise between Master of Puppets & ...And Justice for All) & it's not among the list of choices in the poll. They repackaged it with the Garage, Inc. thing in 1998.

It's funny (to me), but I've been listeing to a little Metallica lately. A few of my friends that come over usually want to hear metal or rap. So, I tried to get them interested in this Punk compilation of Metallica & the Fade to Bluegrass Metallica cover cds to hopefully listen to something other than Metallica outright. They also like Smashing Pumpkins which is probably the coolest thing they even like & which I'm also very burnt-out on as well. As far as rap, only one of the friends likes anything decent like Public Enemy or the Beastie Boys or something.

i distinctly remember the first time I was really exposed to a lot of Metallica. I was a sophomore in college & kind of stranded at this house out in the country that had a party the night before & all this Metallica was being played. It aggravated me that people would listen to this heavy formulaic music & not give heavy creative music like Sonic Youth a chance.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|