Thread: Kurt Vile
View Single Post
Old 04.23.2020, 11:27 PM   #49
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
[...] from him i discovered many artist [...]

How about Springsteen - his take on "Downbound Train" is one of the best Bruce covers I've listened to. Got to hear it live, too, when I saw Vile opening for Thurston & Co. (which was Chelsea Light Moving, really, but they weren't going by that name yet, and the setlist was mainly songs from Demolished Thoughts - "Mina Loy" in particular was sublime).

Between his performance and Thurston's, Vile just sat on the edge of the stage and signed shit and talked to anyone who would approach him. It was very relaxed from both sides, I'm glad to say (this after playing at an almost Dinosaur Jr-like punishing volume). I told him that I dug what he had done with "Downbound Train" and also that Springsteen (at that point) had never been to my country, to which he said, "That's crazy. That's just fuckin' crazy".

So back to the future, he'll be performing/live streaming on May 1 "@ 8:00 PM GMT-4". Dunno the link, you'll probably have to check his site or social bullcrap or summat.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|