View Single Post
Old 05.24.2010, 10:26 AM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Skuj, that's funny about NWW, I often have many.. erm... discussions about him/them/whatever, saying the same thing. A lot of the stuff he does is quite interesting conceptually, and I can certainly appreciate it -- honestly, it's hard to criticize properly, since it's not really setting out to do anything that can be compared to any other type of music or whatever. Still, a lot of his stuff is just one gigantic pot of seemingly random stereophonic studio twinkering pidge-podge, which has its place and is fascinating in small doses, but the NWW camp hasn't exactly shown quality control, and it's become more innessential with each release. Still, any band with that many releases is going to have a few stinkers... I think the only band who I can honestly say I love all of their 100 ep's/singles/lp's/whatever is probably The Residents... NWW has, to my ears, 15-20 truly great, amazing albums... but I've listened to, you know, way more than that... I have a feeling it'll be one of those things I put on in my later years and appreciate more..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|