View Single Post
Old 11.20.2009, 08:54 PM   #93
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetee316
Hey all! I'm new here. My first post but not a new Sonic Youth fan by any means. I'm going tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all three acts. My question is this: Are they playing the Eterrnal straight through? I'll be disappointed if they do. I went to the show in the Bronx earlier this year and they did that night. Hoping it's not another one of those. It's a great album but I want to hear the catalog.

Welcome to the board!

In any case, at that show (in upper Manhattan, not the Bronx) they didn't play The Eternal straight through, meaning each song in the same sequence as the record. They played most of the songs (all except Bobby Pyn?), but in a different order, and mixed up with some other stuff.

If history is an indication, I would expect tomorrow night to be heavy on The Eternal again, with maybe a little variation from the last time. We're still in the same year as The Eternal's release, so they won't be ready to move past it just yet.