View Single Post
Old 07.08.2015, 03:43 PM   #39274
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
This is true. College kids working in restaurants are a problem in our town. That's how mine got taken, I think. A waiter was gone a long time with our card when we dined out a few evenings before the fraudulent charges appeared on my card.

I remember waiting and waiting, thinking, "Crap, the card's getting declined. Is my balance really that low." The kid came back and said, "Sorry, no problem with your card, our machine is just running slow."

Uh, right.

Always be suspicious if your waiter or waitress doesn't come back with your card right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
These thefts of your cards are ussually done by clerks at stores. They store your numbers and sell them to some asshole who then sells them online to fucks who use it to buy shit somewhere else.

It is really really low-tech, and most times does not involved anything you could have prevented via firewalls, codes, VPN's, etc.