View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses

Heath and I rocked out hard , and during Kool Thing the crowd started a pit and I turned to heatha nd say "you know, when people are slamming it makes it that much easier to get up close." and so we jumped right in and pounded our way to the front of the crowd! Fuck yeah. So we got up close for the last 6 songs or so...

Once the show ended, with SHAKING HELL,

which had Kim fucking screaming fantastically (I am in love with her), we made our way outside to wait backstage.
we hung out with some young dudes. it always amazes me how many younger fans sonic youth have, considering that most bands that have been around for 25 years or so have a greying fan base. So we wait out there and steve shelley comes out to put some stuff in a minivan they had, and the manager of the place was trying to keep him from the crowd and he pointed at us and said something to the effect of "those are my people." and came over. Sonic youth fans are very polite! We talked to him, I walked up and Steve signed my shirt!!!!! It was a brand new shirt, I had owned it for a month and never wore it, just wore it fr the first time at the show and he signed it!

he then signed Heath's shirt and we thanked him for a fucking fantastic show.
Then we headed home elated and got blitzed again and I did not go to sleep until around 2:30 am. But I am at work!