View Single Post
Old 06.21.2010, 03:39 AM   #39
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i saw this band live at the very start of the reformation and it was horrible. rather the crowd was horrible. everyone was waiting for rhcp to come on. all standing around motionless holding their beers giving me funny looks for trying to dance. assholes. it was the most bland atmosphere ever. and i was right at the VERY front of 100,000 people. i only went cos i got a free ticket.

they were all fat and older and they played pretty strict renditions of their old songs, and smiled, and kim tried to make a joke, and the sound was allright, and it was ok. for a gig that size i guess it was fine, if not just everyone going thru the motions. they played into the white at least. i get it, you want some money. still if you had have played smaller venues and got some good support it would have been worthwhile for us the audience. they used to be one of my favourite bands, and i have listened to them thousands and thousands of times. since that gig i have listened to them maybe twice, when someone starts raving about how they have just discovered them and puts them on at a party. and its like, so what. seeing them like that just spoiled it for me, nothing exciting about it, a faithful rendition of all the songs i had already heard at a sunny daytime self conciouss outdoor gig with no freaks and no conversation and nothing remotely cool going on. and i had to sit thru rhcp with the friend who gave me the free ticket. only then did people start to move, and it was just kind of an awkward swaying "YEAH ROCK N ROLL! I AM SUPPOSED TO ENJOY THIS! WOOO I KNOW THIS SONG!! YEAH WOOO 12EURO FOR A BEER AND AN ADEQUATE AND LIFELESS PERFORMANCE OF RHCP SONGS!!! YEAH ROCK THE FUCK OUT! IF I JUST ACT HAPPY IM SURE I WILL ENJOY THIS! WOOO YEAH!"
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|