View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 12:59 AM   #30
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
I hear ya Murmer. All through high school all the people I hung out with A. weren't familiar with the music I was really interested in (SY, Lightning Bolt, Deerhoof, stranger than normal stuff like that), and B. when I'd try to talk to them about it, they'd always react really negatively.

So it was an uphill battle for a long time to get ANYONE interested in Sonic Youth. I got this one guys girlfriend to listen to them and enjoy them. But she only liked certain albums sparingly, mostly just Dirty really. She hated ATL.

But what I've found to kind of work is just kind of systematically work their way to those kind of bands via more gateway-ish bands. Like oh you like those 60's bands, maybe you'll like Velvet Underground, as that's easier to take than SY I guess. Like Ramones? You'll dig Black Flag. That's been fairly effective. I'm working on getting this one guy into Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 right now. He likes Polvo, so I shouldn't have to do much.

I don't think I'll be able to get any of them into Caroliner though.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|