View Single Post
Old 10.20.2010, 02:00 AM   #15
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think it's only a problem of ticket pricing in the UK. I regularly buy mine off we got tickets and they normally seem pretty reasonable compared to the rest of Europe, including the transaction fees that are unavoidable and apply to many businesses handling cards in the UK. Certain artists are all too aware that they command certain fees so they go for it, and Sonic Youth, with or without their now ambiguous and obsolete views on the mainstream, are no exception. Ok, they built up their reputation through playing fantastic music etc, yet it was a long time ago when they had much stronger ties with the underground and the way it operates in order to survive. These days they like to think that Kim Gordon criticising the (better) way in which a big band like Radiohead deals with their audience will make them ever so edgy, and that is plain hypocritical and false. Stick to raping the wallets of your more devoted fans and at least admit it that you are no different now than U2 or Lady Gaga ( who at least puts on a show, regardless of personal taste).
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|