View Single Post
Old 05.05.2006, 10:06 AM   #21
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Can I just get this one out - It probably belongs in the Unpopular Musical Opinions thread - PiL were good but not great and I fail to see how a London-Irish mewling over Can type arrangements (with subtly harsher guitar tones) makes something original. PiL were good for making a pop-kraut, but they certainly weren't original, especially next to some of the other things that came out of the post-punk era.

I see your point, but Keith Levene could play circles around most of his contemporaries, and they brought influences to the fore that were considered seriously uncool in the years immediately preceding their formation. Tone-wise, I think they have been quite influential. While they don't top my list of alltime superfaves, they were very good, and far more innovative than the Pistols.

And far more "original" than the Pistols as well IMO, influence-wearing notwithstanding.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|