View Single Post
Old 11.12.2007, 08:13 PM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
The problem is not with my lack of knowledge, more with the fact that nothing you have said is really even relevant. Yr talking about jazz and concept albums and Stereolab, etc, (all of which are wonderful things, of course, however...) none of which have anything really to do with the topic at hand, and more of a way of you spewing all yr music know-it-allisms on us just to prove you know what yr talking about. It's pretty useless, man.

Nice try at redeeming yourself, but there is a very common thread of non-mainstream (i.e. independently-minded) musical artistry throughout all the references.

I'm sad you cannot understand.

Stereolab was a lesser mention. You should be able to infer as much from how I wrote about them. Your lack of reading comprehension is not a valid point with which to hold me liable.

Stereolab were not wholly original as I pointed out, but they had a highly original sound and enjoyed a degree of commercial success. (Sonic Youth are right there along with them as an influence on "indie" music today, but due to their longevity and use of alternate tunings.) Thus, they still exert overt influence on many of the "indie" artists of today, just in a lesser way than the Elephant 6 bands ('90s Athens scene) and Sup Pop bands ('90s Seattle scene) of yesteryear do.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|