View Single Post
Old 12.30.2009, 11:51 AM   #116
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I am pretty involved in a Church of England (Anglican) church. My mother was raised Church of Ireland (Anglican) and my father presbyterian. Anglicanism, I think, does some good at trying to keep to the point and not adopt too much unnecessary stuff.

Greed...bullying...bigotry...hate...they are traits that some Christians have, but they are not Christian traits. Someone said that Christians striving to be sinless hate sinners; well that means they hate themselves, because a Christian who believes themselves to be sinless denies the very most basic point of being a Christian.

The Bible does not teach that being a Christian is the only way to end up in Heaven; in fact the Bible openly states that non-Christians may very well get into Heaven just as readily as Christians. It is utterly wrong to tell someone - anyone - that they are going to Hell. There are two main reasons for this: firstly, people can change; secondly, you can get there without being a CHristian; thirdly, it's God's choice, not yours, and He is rather better than you at choosing the right thing.

But that kind of thing stands in the way of bigotry and bullying, so it gets ignored.

If you ask me, and I fully realize that you didn't, I think a lot of Christians should drop the bullying and bigotry and focus a bit more on what Jesus said, and a lot of atheists should try not to copy the very bullying and bigotry that they claim to despise.

hip priest i know you're a very nice person (at least here on the interwebs) so kindly explain me this one:

“No one approaches the Father but through me.” (John 14:6)

oh yeah. it's there...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|