Thread: Makes me sad...
View Single Post
Old 07.22.2006, 11:40 AM   #38
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Moore
"I guess we can be perceived as avant-garde because it's a term for music that is unorthodox or art that is unorthodox. Which is all very fine. We never really set out to win any popularity contests," Moore says. "But we've always had complete interest in pop music, melodic music. I find it more interesting to move away from the vanguard of extrapolated experimental noise music when it's such a popular musical style right now. I think it's more interesting for us to not delve into that right now but to do more direct, compact, sonic pop records.
"I always thought popular culture was sort of really there for avant-garde people to use in their work. Warhol always did that. I would think that in the same way that the mainstream needs the avant-garde to break ground, to shift thinking, then non-mainstream needs the mainstream to present the point against which it rebels.
"I really like blurring the distinctions," Moore says. "If you can do that, then that is really cool."

There you go.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|