Thread: Makes me sad...
View Single Post
Old 07.21.2006, 11:49 PM   #32
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Coco is growing up, they are aging gracefully and there are countless noise bands out there at this moment who would not have existed without Sonic Youth. In fact much of modern music would not exist without Sonic Youth. They have domesticated somewhat and this is the sound of thier sonic lives encapsulated and distilled within these 3 albums. We should be thankful at the very least that they still choose to make music from where it matters. The heart. Thankful that they have given us this opportunity to hear a differing viewpoint of the Sonic Youth sound. Which has always been what it was about, hasn't it? I remember Dirty being panned universally and criticized for being almost a parody of themselves. Truth is, from Goo onwards they've always been corporate ghosts, linking the mainstream and the underground. They incorporate hooks and melodies into their music and different viewpoints of noise and melody because that's what they've always done. What they always strove to do. My two cents.