View Single Post
Old 09.13.2010, 05:40 PM   #25
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha

As well with acoustic (I think someone, maybe asp mentioned this already) it's not an instrument you can't um, be as much of an idiot on as you can on electric. With electric you usually have that gain and such to cover mistakes you make, not really the case with acoustic. The acoustic requires a heavier precision and delicacy.

In general I'd agree with this, but it's not necessarily the case, as with my electro acoustic I tend to use like an electric smtimes and even run through guitar fx. I'm sure you can play SY songs just as effectively on acoustic, in fact I've seen it done on YT.
I prefer playing acoustic over electric, I like the resonance. smtimes when playing electric I'll play it unplugged with my ear against the solid body to listen to the internal resonance and then I think about contact mic'in it up, but never get round to it.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|