View Single Post
Old 06.20.2010, 03:54 PM   #10
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
WOW, just CRAZY (the stooges gig)

I got there for the raveonettes, not many people seemed to know them or their music but i thought they were great. Given it was an outdoor show, the acoustics weren't great so the noisy-shoegazey sound was a bit muffled, which probably didn't help the whole "all songs sound the same" tag they've adapted. A few songs i didnt recognize, maybe B-sides or new songs? apparently they already have a new album in the works.

After the raves finished up, the place was packed (I read in the news there was approx 20,000 people). Iggy then took the stage to massive cheers and started with raw power. People went nuts. Parents w/children, senior citizens and many beautiful women left quickly as a 20,000 person mosh pit quickly began....just wild! After the first song, Iggy said "I want everyone on this stage" and ~30 fans went up and danced/rocked around on stage for a song or 2. I think they played all of raw power and all the good stuff from funhouse and the s/t + some of iggy's solo stuff. the biggest highlight (especially as a CiS worshipper) was definitely "i wanna be yr dog", man i was going nuts. For a few minutes there i went to my own world and just went crazy a-la-kim-gordon screaming the lyrics. Mike Watt was on bass for the record.
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|