View Single Post
Old 09.12.2013, 09:39 PM   #17511
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Excuse me, facetiously saying that the best Jack Nicholson flicks are post-1980 and being a total, condescending prick are entirely different things, don't conflate the two, our z-scores aren't even remotely found within the same Normal Distribution. What is funny, is that you are so genuinely just a prick in real life, that you don't even notice the difference or see yourself doing it

no no, i totally know and notice i'm a prick, and i try to put that to good use. it's my natural talent. sometimes i'm even a social assassin, like larry david. in fact, i was hired to tell you that because nobody else could.

you know, it's one of those "things you can't say to their face" situations. well, i can, and do, ha ha ha ha.

jack nicholson: easy rider. chinatown. cuckoo's nest. all before the 80s.

i haven't seen the last detail or five easy pieces, but i hear he's good in them too. check those out. prevent shitstains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I agree completely but we also have to put it in its chronological context. Our sock aren't blown because we live in a world post-Taxi Driver where a lot of films explore the same psychotic menial grit. However then? It was a bit more revolutionary. Honestly, I kind of liked Taxi Driver better than Goodfellas, even though admittedly Goodfellas is the obviously better flick.

oh, i definitely will admit it taxi driver was groundbreaking, and the production is excellent, and it is perhaps de niro's most iconic role, an made a huge mark in pop culture, but scorsese went on to do shit that's even greater no matter when it was made and that's bigger than any actor even if it's less "famous." still, there are people today who see taxi driver as the greatest thing ever, which it might be, but it just doesn't do it for me at the emotional level-- and yes it's one of the best movies ever, but i can't connect with it the same way. now anybody can quote taxi driver or do a travis bickle impression, and not a lot of people can quote from raging bull or impersonate jake lamotta, but raging bull is just another category of beast over taxi driver for me. most people would make taxi driver and die happy, but i think scorsese surpassed himself.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|