View Single Post
Old 05.31.2006, 09:04 PM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
what i meant by that example is that:

-the yeah yeah yeahs are a band that's ok with hipsters
-people like to agree across the board on an album's worthyness without even a listen or real appreciation
-when those beliefs are challenged, people freak out and try to cop with the response by not disagreeing straight away.
-the most basic, standard, safe response in conversations with this kind of people is to praise a less known, preferably independently released album (the yyys debut on t&g).
-and when that idea is challenged (that it doesn't matter the label or the justification but the music which boils down to personal taste), people usually either look down on you (if your cred is in question) or change the subject to another safe, generally accepted hipster band (the white stripes in the example).

i didn't mean to be absolute about my example, it's just an example, i don't like yyy or the white stripes at all, but that's me.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|