View Single Post
Old 11.21.2022, 07:05 AM   #3593
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
for me olivia colman was really the best. i mean in the role. i started confusing her with the actual one. not that they look the same, just it's hard for me with her to see a person acting, i just see the role.

otoh dana scully as margaret thatcher was hilaaaaarious. the way she spoke hahahaha. sounded like a stroke victim in recovery. i've watched thatcher footage and she didn't sound like that at all--she spoke fast.

All the actors seem to really study vocal patterns — see both Diana actors and all 3 Elizabeth actors in particular.
They really lean into vocal quirks, and Thatcher definitely had a bit of a … uh, dignified drawl? Honestly it never occurred to me that Gillian Anderson wasn’t nailing it but maybe she accentuated Thatcher’s here-and-there quirks a bit too much.
I dunno.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|