View Single Post
Old 12.08.2020, 09:11 AM   #3298
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Our daily rags here have been demanding that netflix put a disclaimer before each episodes of the new series making sure people realise that they've taken liberties with the story. Imagine getting so upset because they've changed parts of the story for dramatic reasons.

Wonder if the Scots demanded they did that before Braveheart.

I saw a disclaimer before the first big Diana-centric episode (I’ve been sick, so I’ve been going through the seasons really quickly, since the week before Thanksgiving) but it was about depictions of eating disorders.

That’s the only disclaimer I’ve seen.
But I’m curious ... Are we talking dramatic creative license for effect or historical inaccuracy? Are there disclaimers before every episode saying, “Trigger warning: Some of this dialogue might have been written by writers!” or some such thing?

I guess my answer depends on the extent to which the show deviates from the actual events.

But, like, we here in the US could easily get our balls in a twist if someone incorrectly depicted JFK or Roosevelt or … uh… Kurt Cobain, I guess. So it’s not really that surprising, to be honest, but I’m curious now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|