View Single Post
Old 01.05.2019, 09:18 AM   #2331
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Just finished BoJack horseman. So good, just so, so good. Anyone who started it then dropped it like I did go back and get through the first 6 episodes. After that it's brilliance reveals itself more and more.

Can't think of anything like it right now on TV.

I agree. The first four seasons are, like, holy shit SO good.

Not as thrilled by the fifth season, but still enjoyed it.

First four though... wow. Funny how a ludicrous animated show about a talking horse could say so much more about humanity and whatnot than most prestige dramas that try so hard to do exactly that.

There’s a common plot pattern though. Every season there’s goofiness peppered with hints at some darker undercurrent, and every season the darker undercurrent comes to the surface in the last few episodes and is shockingly serious. Then there’s a “sigh, moving on” episode and rinse and repeat next season.

They’re trying to one-up the darkness, I think, which might be why most recent season was starting to feel forced to me.

But yeah, great stuff. Eat shit, Simpsons.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|